Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Still I Rise

I am thinking about Maya Angelou's poem and my favorite line Still I rise. My life was almost gone yet again on last Sunday. I had a terrible cough and cold. I started feeling sick last Friday after work. I stayed in bed drinking hot tea and sipping soup. My brother came over to my house. He did a few chores and so did my mom. My family is such a blessing but I did not want to bother them yet again. I needed a few personal items and some cough drops. I decided I would pull my self together. I prayed for enough energy to go to the local store. I retrieved my items for the store. On my way back home it started to rain. The road was wet and little slippery. I really have no idea what happen but somehow I lost control. I was on the road driving fine. Next, my car was sliding down a ditch until it crashed into large drainage pipe. The pipe was encased with concrete.

The impact was so loud that people came out of their apartment complex to see what was going on. The airbags deployed pounding me in the middle of my chest. My left knee hit the steering wheel and blew up like a balloon. The car was making a loud hissing sound. A blanket of fear came over me. I was afraid that the car was about to blow up. I have to get out of this car.

I pried the door open but it was not enough space to get out. I was about to panic. A stranger stop to offer me assistance. Sir, I can't get out...please get me out. The stranger reached his hand out to me and with his strong arm he pulled me out. Praise the lord I am safe.

Just that quick my life could have been over...BUT GOD! Live each day to the fullest. Walk in your purpose. Still I rise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment